September 28, 2007

Paris Hilton Will Go to Rwanda
to Bring Attention to the African Country


Paris Hilton plans to visit Rwanda as part of her post-jail commitment to use her celebrity status to bring attention to social causes.

“I’ll be going in November, after I get back from filming my movie,” she tells E! Online in a story posted Tuesday on the Web site.

“There’s so much need in that area, and I feel like if I go, it will bring more attention to what people can do to help,” Hilton says.

The 26-year-old hotel heiress-actress vowed to use her fame to bring attention to social causes after serving a 23-day jail sentence earlier this year for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

“I want to visit more countries where poverty and children’s issues are a big concern,” she says. “I know there’s a lot of good I can do just by getting involved and bringing attention to these issues.”

source

No comments: