May 11, 2007

Paris Hilton Seeks Governor
Arnold Schwarzenegger For Pardon


The Simple Life’s Paris Hilton has, in more than one occasion, subjected her self to VIP treatments in most aspects in her life. But with the gravity of her current charges, her money, power and charisma might not work in favor of her freedom. Or can it?

As we reported previously, the 26-year old hotel heiress has been faced with a possible jail sentence due to the violation of her probation on alcohol-related driving charges. The Simple Life actress now faces a 45-day sentence at the Century Regional detention Center on June 5.

But with the Hilton’s jail sentence already out in the public, the model-actress is now more than eager for a rematch with the law. "No one is above the law. I surely am not," she said in a statement issued through her attorney. "I do not expect to be treated better than anyone else who violated probation. However, my hope is that I will not be treated worse."

In an effort to escape her jail sentence, Hilton has appealed her case to petitioning Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for a pardon, though she claims that she aware of the gravity of her charges.

"I absolutely realize how serious driving under the influence is. I could not live with myself if anyone was injured or killed while I was driving while impaired," she said. “I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation."

No comments: